Mint can be tricky to work out where to use it in the kitchen. Lloyd has the answer with tray-baked chicken with sweet corn, using mint and leafy greens from your Glowpear (or those of you that are more adventurous and growing corn crops too)!
6 organic chicken thighs
6 rashers of streaky bacon
4 cobs of sweet corn
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup of fresh chicken or vegetable stock
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
A handful of fresh mint
Tender leaves from the garden to serve
- Preheat your oven grill, set to high.
- Holding the corn upright, slice down its length to separate the kernels.
- Add to a large baking tray along with the chickpeas, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tray under the grill for a few minutes to lightly colour the corn.
- Remove the tray from the grill and evenly space the chicken thighs on top of the corn.
- Combine the smoked paprika and cumin with the stock in a bowl and then pour evenly over the chicken.
- Grill for 15 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Remove the tray and drape the streaky bacon over the thighs to cover them.
- Return to the grill for another 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon is crispy.
Plate-up with a base of the corn and chickpeas, followed by a crispy bacon covered chicken thigh, and garnish with fresh mint leaves, tender salad leaves and shoots.
Lloyd also suggests matching with a sweet white wine, like a reisling from the colder climates (say the Clare Valley in South Australia, or Mosel Valley in Germany)!