Lloyd has the perfect way to enjoy an abundance of summer produce. Fire up the barbie and get out the goat's cheese for a tasty way to cook up summer basil and zucchini from your Glowpear.
4 small zucchinis
A handful of fresh basil
The zest of 1 lemon
Sea salt and pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
Fig/ balsamic reduction
Edible flowers from the garden to serve (Oregano pictured)
- Remove the ends and slice each zucchini length ways.
- Add a generous sprinkle of sea salt on the cut faces and leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ grill on high.
- Using paper towel, gently pat the cut zucchini to remove the moisture drawn out by the salt, and then coat with an even layer of olive oil.
- Turn the BBQ to low and add the zucchini face down until grill marks appear, then flip and cook until they soften slightly.
Plate-up the grilled zucchini with diced basil, crumbled goat's cheese, lemon zest, spots of balsamic reduction, and black pepper. Garnish with edible flowers.
Lloyd also suggests matching with a fresh white wine, like a pinot gris from the coast (maybe a Mornington Estate vintage)!