Lloyd has been making the most of home grown potatoes recently, elevating his freshly harvested, home grown spuds to hero status!
8 medium/ large home grown potatoes
500g fresh brussel sprouts
5-6 fresh thyme sprigs
2 teaspoons of powdered chicken stock
2 tablespoons of sour cream
Extra-virgin olive oil
Optional grated cheese
1.5 cups of boiling water
Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat your oven to 220degC, and grease a large flat baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Finely slice the potatoes and arrange flat so that they overlap in layers. De-stem the thyme and sprinkle the leaves over the potato.
- Add chicken stock, butter and sour cream to a small bowl and stir together with boiling water. Pour the mixture evenly over the potato and add to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Cut off the base of the brussel sprouts and then slice in half length-ways. Arrange in a shallow roasting pan, cut side up, and add 2 tablespoons of water. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper before adding to the oven along-side the gratin.
- After 30 minutes, check that the potato is cooked through. Add an optional sprinkling of cheese and return to the oven to grill until golden brown. Check on the brussel sprouts and remove when starting to colour and crisp.
Serve the gratin in generous slices with a side-serve of roasted brussel sprouts.
Lloyd also suggests matching with a sustainably sourced protein of your choice.