This recipe is a great way to use sprouting brassicas or other leafy greens from your Glowpear, in a delicate Japanese inspired dish.
- Purple sprouting broccoli (large bunch)
- Watercress (Small bunch or microgreens)
- Assorted mushrooms (approx. 2 cups)
- 4 free-range eggs
- Brown rice (1 cup)
- Miso paste (2 teaspoons)
- Sesame Oil (2 teaspoons)
- Dark soy sauce (2 teaspoons)
- Sesame or nigella seeds (to garnish)
- Cooking Oil
- Cook your brown rice according to the instructions on the packet and keep warm.
- Roughly chop the broccoli, separating the stems from the leaves and flowers. Dice any larger mushrooms, and separate the tender leaves from the watercress.
- Add a splash of cooking oil to a large frying pan on a high heat. Stir-fry the broccoli stems until they start to soften, and then add the rest of the broccoli and mushrooms.
- Mix the miso and soy sauce with 200ml of boiling water.
- When the mushrooms and greens have had a few minutes to brown, mix in the brown rice, and miso soy, stirring to combine.
- In a separate frying pan add oil and fry the eggs until cooked to your liking.
- Assemble the rice in large bowls, top with an egg and garnish with the watercress, sesame oil and seeds.
For more tasty treats, check out other recipes in this series by Lloyd the Farmer.